I dinged the back fender on an Alamo rental. First time ever I've damaged any car.

It was minor. I extended my stay in Hawaii for 4 days to resolve the issue. I did not want to suffer "loss-of-use" and administration fees due to Alamo taking its time to repair the vehicle. I immediately got 3 professional estimates for repairs by great body shops that were able to do the job without delay.

The problem is the main office in Honolulu never returned a single call I made, never responded to any of my messages. and I could not move forward without their authorization. My time ran out and I had to leave, frustrated, wondering how long they'd take to repair it and end up charging me for the car being out of service.

It's been one month. No charges have shown on my credit card yet, but if they come, I will contest them.

Alamo administrators blew off the opportunity to have the vehicle repaired and back working for them immediately, while making income from it as a rental.

Very Poor Public Relations. The girls at the counter are hardworking and helpful, but this was beyond them, closer to the core of Alamo ethics, or should I say lack of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Alamo Car Rental.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 15, 2013.

Comments

AlamoCares

Thank you for your post. My name is Carol and I am on the Social Monitoring Team for Alamo. We would like to look into your recent rental experience. Please email Care@Alamo.com with your contact information and any additional details. In the subject line please type reference number 130215-003072.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to your email.

Carol