Here is the complaint email I sent to Alamo, that was after their initial formatted response which advised me to return the car and get a new contract done (at my expense of course!!)

ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO ALAMO

When I picked up the car in Miami airport, the agent asked me what kind of suitcase I had, and then told me the car I had chosen was too small!!

When I asked him what was the minimum compulsory insurance, he did not answer my question, he only pointed out that they recommended the most expensive one !! (even showed me previous's customer's one to prove his point). Worst of all is not getting any answer from their customer service!! Anyway, no more wasting time writing reviews, hope my comments will help someone else avoiding ALAMO's upselling methods!!! As for me, there are plenty of others out there.... they ripped me off once, not twice!

Dear...

Thank you for your answer, and yes I did read the agreement before signing it. This was my first time renting with Alamo, and probably the last due to this bad experience.

I did ask your agent which was the compulsory insurance and never got an answer for that, instead he replied " this is what we recommend, and it is the same for everybody". He even showed me another customer's invoice to prove his point!! Furthermore he tried to upsell a larger vehicle, stating that the compact car I had reserved was too small for a suitcase, and that I would be charged for the rear seat if I damaged it with my suitcase.... anyway, I have a large Samsonite case which fits perfectly in the trunk of your compact car. I do understand that your agents will try to upsell as much as possible, I just dont feel that trying to fool the customer is the right way to go about it. I will have no choice but to pay for what I consider an awful and dishonest service from Alamo, and will sure I never give you any more business in the future!

Kind regards

S....

Review about: Alamo Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Alamo?

Comments