Resolved
Margery Lkb

Resolved: Lost key ( found 3 hours later)

Updated by user Apr 03, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I found the key after another 1.5 hours of looking.It was in a stupid place.I'm sorry for all the aggravation I caused.DH

Original review Mar 16, 2024
They couldnt provide a new key. Had to tow the car. Uber me to RSW a get me a new car. Nobody spoke to me about cost. Luckily a few more hours of searching and brainstorming produced the key. Otherwise major disruption of vaccination.

Preferred solution: Nothino

User's recommendation: They were as cooperative as they could be within their limits.

Alamo C

Thank you for this feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please email review(@)em(.)com with your contact information, rental agreement number and the details so we can learn more.

Thank you. -Chris R.

Resolved
Shawn B Smf

Resolved: Customer & Service Fail

Alamo - Customer & Service Fail
Updated by user Jan 27, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. By posting on complaint sites.

Original review Jan 12, 2024
DFW Rental Center
Confirmation #155720****
Alamo car rental. Made 7 different calls to roadside and customer service collectively (2+ hours on the phone) about an unsafe Jeep Gladiator that has a flat spare tire which is hanging precariously close to the ground and banging around under the vehicle when turning corners.

It could fall off on the hwy and smash into another vehicle, brilliant! I was told on three occasions that a manager from the rental location would call me about the issue. I was told it was my responsibility to swap out the vehicle because they will not deliver vehicles. Initially they sent me to Enterprise nearby where I was, a mile or so.

I went and they didn't have vehicles available and even if they did they have no access to the Alamo system. I was then told that no other locations near me had vehicles. Then I was told I would have to go back to the airport to swap it out. I'm on business so going back to the airport is not feasible and more importantly a huge waste of my time when it's Alamos incompetence that I was given this vehicle in the first place.

Needless to say I've been stuck with a risky vehicle and no resolution. I simply want my money back but only a manager at the airport can handle this request and they won't call me back nor can you reach anyone at the airport as nobody picks up when I call the number customer service supplied me to call.

Once again having to do their job and call them.
Customer is last! What a world.
Cons:
  • Policies are out of touch with reality with zero accountability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Understand you are on your own

Guest

After what seems like some internal confusion at Alamo the Mgr of the DFW location called me to apologize on behalf of Alamo. He refunded the entire rental amount as a gesture that Alamo takes accountability for their failure to inspect my vehicle.

As I told the rep this is all I wanted and appreciate their action. So thank you to Alamo. So we are now on an even keel. SIDE NOTE: I let the mgr know that Alamo must change their policy concerning the renter being responsible for swapping the vehicle.

As a rental car company when there are vehicle issues it is their responsibility to bring the renter a replacement vehicle. Anything less is nothing short of belligerent as it is their vehicles and requiring the renter to make the swap is a complete waste of the renter's time regardless of it being business trip or vacation!

Alamo C

Hi, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this further, but we need some more information.

Please email the details of your rental, your contact information, exact rental office and your reservation or rental agreement number to care (AT) alamo (DOT) com. Thank you – Chris R.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Alamo C

I already emailed the information to John at Alamo on Thursday 1/11 to care@***.com for this complaint on Google Maps. Sounds like y'all don't know what you're doing. DFW Rental Center Confirmation #155720**** Shawn Baumgartner 516.835.0411

View more comments (2)

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Bay City, Michigan

Horrible customer service

Alamo - Horrible customer service
Alamo - Horrible customer service - Image 2

I rented a car for a one week time frame for 412.00 for 7 days between MBS and SAT for a medical appointment with my 72 year old mother. I picked up the car on a Tuesday and the check engine service engine came on Wednesday.

I called and spoke with a team member from Alamo and assured me to return the rental car on Thursday morning at 9 am and another care would be given. The experience I had with Doug the employee at the time was rude and disheartening and dishonest. He told me he had no other cars to give me and to come back at 2 pm. Mind you I was in the airport with my 72 injured mother who needed a ride to Texas and I agreed to drive her.

We not only were not offered another car they didnt refund my money for the beaches that needed repairs and instead charged me a daily rate of 72.00 and WOULD NOT honor their contract. I spoke to Ashley the manager and she also didnt make it right. She remained the charge of more than what the daily rate. She is the manager of Alamo at MBS airport and Didnt take any responsibility for her employees poor actions and behavior!

I would highly recommend budget car rental who honored a online booking for a one way car RaV 4 which my mother then decided to buy for her future car.

The poor manner in which Alamo employees Doug and Ashley both was not a business that I will ever recommend to rent through again. Truly unacceptable behavior because of their vehicle that had engine issues and they wouldnt offer another car to let us use as per our contract!

User's recommendation: Do not use Akamo car rental ever

Alamo C

Thank you for your review. If you can provide a few more details, we would be able to investigate this further for you.

Please email review(AT)em(DOT)com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Sincerely – Chris R.

map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

My rental was denied

I feel the man that profiled my appearance and that clouded his presumption of me. He stated he could not rent to me because I smelled like marijuana when I in fact smoke black and milds. I am a cdl holder I drive school buses and I am a family advocate at a domestic violence safe haven. I dont use illegal drugs and to be prejudged in that manor was extremely humiliating and biased.

User's recommendation: I would utilize someone else

Zachary M Ndn
map-marker Sanford, Florida

I’d never use this company again

Used a debit card to pay for a rental car for a week. They told me you have to pay now and have the money up front. I understand that completely. But when you dont charge me until after I return the car that is ridiculous. I used a debit card not credit card so it should have been pulled instantly unless otherwise specified which it wasnt. So now I got on the day after we got back from vacation because they pulled that money now. If I would have known I wouldnt have rented a car from them to begin with. Or at least done things differently. Ridiculous.
Cons:
  • Bad business model and customer service and business ethic

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use them. They are shady and have bad business models and ethics.

Ada F Djo
map-marker Comayagua, Comayagua

Poor customer service

I recently made a reservation at Alamo rental car, to rent a pick up truck trough Expedia, when I got to the counter to Alamo in Palmerola Honduras they didnt have a pick up truck for me and charged me $70 more, they refused to honor my reservation through Expedia
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad cuatomer service

Preferred solution: Apology

Jo S Jxr

| map-marker Cascade, Michigan

Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo

Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo
Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo - Image 2
Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo - Image 3
Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo - Image 4
Bought a rental car + flight bundle then charged extra for rental from Alamo - Image 5

Bought a travel bundle from Allegiant that included round trip tickets and a rental car. Return date on email from Allegiant indicated Monday, July 17 and the Alamo desk rep confirmed it was for Monday, July 17.

The Friday before, July 14, received an email from Chris Riley, the Area Rental Manager, at the airport, asking how much longer I needed the rental. I replied that I had it until Monday, July 17 and emailed him a screen grab of Allegiant email. He replied via email it was all correct in their system now and apologized for the confusion. After dropping off the car, I got charged an EXTRA $660.74 because they in fact had not fixed it in the system.

Called Chris directly and he had the gall to tell me that I shouldn't have bought a bundle from Allegiant and this happens all the time. I also told him that I would complain about the customer service to social media and he said he didn't think that would be effective. He did not give me a full refund only a partial one and I have yet to see it credited to my card.

I want these charges rescinded. How is anyone supposed to budget vacations when afterward they are charged an extra $660?

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use any other rental car company

Alamo C

Please email care(AT)alamo(DOT)com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Sincerely – Chad

Ervin Hjl

| map-marker West Springfield, Massachusetts

Car should not have been rented

We and our friends (2 couples in our early 70's) rented a car at LAX and our plan was to drive west to OK City, OK to stop along the way and see Route 66 sites. We left LA Tuesday AM and were headed for Kingman.

After about an hour drive, in very hot weather, our AC suddenly stopped and the fan almost quit (so we couldn't even have some air blowing on us). Obviously this Ford Wrangler wasn't up to the long drive in hot desert weather. We stopped in Seligman AZ at an Alamo rental site informed the lady behind the counter of our plight and were told immediately that they had NO cars for us to switch, although the lot outside had at least 10 cars! Mind you, we are seniors sitting in a car with an outside temp of 90+, nor could we use their bathroom!

This clerk was nothing less than dismissive and wanted nothing to do with our problem. This is how Alamo customers are treated. If we wanted a new vehicle we had to go to an airport. Airport??

We were in a rather rural area and I doubt there was a nearby airport. So for the next 8 days as we traveled west the air would work for 45 minutes to an hour and then we just sat in heat for the remainder of the daily drive.

This car was NOT prepared for this 1,800+ mile trip. BUT of course, we were charged the FULL rate of $2324.14 despite having such a consistenly inferior vehicle.

User's recommendation: There are many options for car rental...choose one of them!

Alamo C

Hi Ervin, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this further, but we need some more information.

Please email the details of your rental, your contact information, exact rental office and your reservation or rental agreement number to care (AT) alamo (DOT) com. Thank you – Chad

map-marker Argenteuil, Val D'oise

Credit cards not accepted

Unbelievable story!!! Prepaid for car and insurance online. Showed up at alamo in rennes and they wouldnt give me my car because they wouldnt accept any of my two mastercards (revolut ultra and credit suisse master card). Now they refuse to give me a full refund for what i paid. What i paid was by the way with the same credit card that I wanted to use for the deposit. That is absolute fraud. In my view alamo is a criminal enterprise!

User's recommendation: Whatever you do- never use alamo!!!!

Alamo C

We're listening and would like to know more. At your convenience, please email review@***.com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number and the details above.

Thank you. –Chris R.

Jeff N Fnt
map-marker College Park, Georgia

Overcharge

I am being charge because they didnt turn it in correctly and they charge me an extra days I returned the car on time. It was to the wrong location, but they still took the keys.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy check out the car
Cons:
  • Mistake on bothnparties

Alamo C

We're listening and would like to know more. At your convenience, please email review (AT) ehi (DOT) com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number and the details above.

Thank you. –Chris R.

Izola Ssh
map-marker Gilroy, California

I want to make a recevied the car , need feed back

No one is here, don't know we're to park the car , no communication, from out of town, leaving the car in the parking lot with the keys in it
Alamo C

Hi Jo, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this further, but we need some more information.

Keyshia Uuc

Verified Reviewer

My name is Rouday Austin My Drivers license # is...

My name is Rouday Austin My Drivers license # is 956**** I would like to rent a car from alamo Am I in the clear
Alamo C

Hello, Rouday. We would recommend visiting the "Rental Requirements" section on our alamo(dot)com for more information on qualifying for a reservation.

If you need additional help or questions about a past rental, please email care(at)alamo(dot)com with your contact and rental information. Thank you, Chad

Lynn J Njf
map-marker Manchester, England

Cancellation and vehicle location

There is a white Chevrolet Volt that may look like a rental. After checking my bank account this vehicle may have been rented by someone else, because my CA drivers license has been stolen and my accounts have been breached. The vehicle may be at my work and should be picked up by customer service as verification that I am not the one who actually picked up the vehicle. If the car does not get picked up I need to express the identity theft that may cause problem in the future.

Alamo C

Thank you for your feedback, Lynn. I would recommend calling Alamo Customer Service at: 1-844-357-****.

If you’d like to discuss this further, please email care@***.com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above.

Thank you. – Chad

Bolaji O Fcl
map-marker Asheville, North Carolina

Very rude and disrespectful racist front desk manager

Alamo - Very rude and disrespectful racist front desk manager
Alamo - Very rude and disrespectful racist front desk manager - Image 2
Agent refused rental because I was black at Asheville airport .no solid reason .asked to speak with manager .Manager was one of the most disrespectful souk I ever saw .couldnt explain policy .just outrightly rude
Loss:
Cons:
  • Very disrespectful staffs

Preferred solution: Nothing .just keeping the public updated

Alamo C

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service is of the utmost importance to us and we would like to speak with you further about this.

When you have a moment, please email care(AT)alamo(DOT)com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Sincerely – Chad

map-marker Miami, Florida

Rented a vehicle and the next day I had to call a tow truck the car stopped and could not start

Alamo - Rented a vehicle and the next day I had to call a tow truck the car stopped and could not...
Alamo - Rented a vehicle and the next day I had to call a tow truck the car stopped and... - Image 2
rented a vehicle and the next day I had to call a tow truck the car stopped and could not start . and I had a child in the vehicle and I tried to call the place to rent the vehicle and they did not answer, it was a very bad experience ,and they give me the car with less than half tank

User's recommendation: Search for another company not Alamo

Alamo C

I am disappointed to hear about this experience. We’d like to help address this.

Please email Care(AT)Alamo(DOT)com with the location of rental, rental agreement number, your contact information and the details of your concern so we can look into this more closely.

Thank you! –Chris R.

Alamo C

Please email Care(AT)Enterprise(DOT)com with the location of rental, rental agreement number, your contact information and the details of your concern so we can look into this more closely.

Thank you! –Chris R.

View more comments (1)
Anthony C Pgw

Verified Reviewer

Made a reservation in advance but when I arrived they didn't have a vehicle.

Made reservation as a package with airfare, hotel and rental car. When I arrived they didn't have a vehicle and simply said that they couldn't help me. They also told me to seek reimbursement from Expedia. Terrible service. Why accept a reservation if you will not ho or it?

Alamo C

Thank you for your feedback, Anthony. If you’d like to discuss this further, please email Care{AT}Alamo(DOT)com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above.

Thank you. – Chad

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article