Cape Coral, Florida
1.4

Had a reservation at Budget from Jan 9-Feb21. When I got to the rental counter the line for Budget had 15 people ahead of me so I walked over to the Alamo counter which was empty , showed them my reservation and price and they did their best to match it.

Today is Feb12th and just got a phone call from Alamo saying my rental was due back three days ago. I looked at the rental agreement and sure enough it was due back on the 10th but they charged me more than Budget was going to through Feb 21st. When I called the Alamo number the agent said that without a reservation the most they could rent a car was for 30 days but that is not what the agent told me and I never ever thought of looking at the return date. So now Alamo wanted to charge me additional from Feb 10th-21 even though their agent told me the rental was through the 21st.

The agent even agreed with me that a mistake was made at the counter but I am still going to be charged for the additional days. When I tried to explain it further the agent told me I “should have stayed on the Budget line then”!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rentalcars Car Rental Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Alamo Cons: Extremely unhlepful customer service.

• Southwest Florida Airport

Comments

AlamoCares

Review #1470425, Thank you for your review. We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you.

Please send us a detailed email to Care@Alamo.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Carol H. Social Monitoring

@AlamoCares

My contact phone number is 516 330-6677. I’d be happy to talk to someone from corporate about my recent experience. Thank you, Ed Gottlieb