I rented a basic car for $70.00 usd for one week while in Mexico.When I got there they pulled the usual stuff, trying to get me to upgrade the car get full insurance etc.
I ended up getting insurance with them for any property damages I may cause since my credit card covered my damages and I declined all further insurance. I was driving from Caccun to Telum, I stopped in Playa to eat and noticed I had no lock on my door, it was a hole literally so I wasted 4 hours in playa changing my car. My week passed and it was time to drive back to Cancun, as I was driving back the police stopped me, and guess what the cars registration wasn't paid, luckily the officer was understanding and didn't issue me an infraction. The car was returned on time without any damages.
A week after my return I was charged an extra $170usd, I tried calling someone at Alamo mexico and could never get anyone on the phone and no one has ever responded to my emails.
Its been 4 months and im still battling with them through my credit card.It was my first and last experience with Alamo, I will never do business with them again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."