Update added by user May 25
Alamo responded to my complaint by email. They offered a free rental day.
I declined. They failed at reliability and service.
Update added by user Apr 26
I arrived and was told no car is available.
Alamo sent a confirmation email that a car was reserved.
But sent nothing when no car was available. The rep made no attempt to locate a car. When I asked if the airport had a car available. I was told.
I doubt it. I had to leave and call the 800 customer care number. And a car was located at the location that I asked the rep.
Its ok that there was a mishap.
How it was handled was unexceptible. No effort to provide customer service. When I asked to speak with someone. I was told on Saturday afternoon that I could call corporate.
I have since called corporate several times and have yet to receive a returned call. Alamo is a unreliable company. They have no idea what customer service is. What they did.
And how it was handed I would rate.The worst.
Original review posted by user Apr 25
They are not reliable.Reserve a car.
Maybe it will be there when you arrive. My car wasn't. And they had a matter of fact attitude.
My second and last time using them.A friend uses Hertz and praises their commitment to excellent customer service.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Car we reserved
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "I would like to raise a complaint regarding a damage claim from the Greenmotion company that didn't occur while we got the car and also due to the rude treatment..."
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "My mother, sister, niece (8) and nephew (5), who were driving from New York to Florida in an Alamo rental car. I am appalled at the level of service they..."
- "My boyfriend was making our daily salads to take to work. He had found a delicious looking recipe that called for baby spinach. He went to our local Giant grocery..."
- "Bad idea, plain and simple, they seem to sell you a dream, for $2000.00 I got the 1 year warranty! After initial treatment it took 6 weeks for a..."
- "Opened two cans of NE clam chowder and both cans were bad. ..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."