Update added by user May 25
Alamo responded to my complaint by email. They offered a free rental day.
I declined. They failed at reliability and service.
Update added by user Apr 26
I arrived and was told no car is available.
Alamo sent a confirmation email that a car was reserved.
But sent nothing when no car was available. The rep made no attempt to locate a car. When I asked if the airport had a car available. I was told.
I doubt it. I had to leave and call the 800 customer care number. And a car was located at the location that I asked the rep.
Its ok that there was a mishap.
How it was handled was unexceptible. No effort to provide customer service. When I asked to speak with someone. I was told on Saturday afternoon that I could call corporate.
I have since called corporate several times and have yet to receive a returned call. Alamo is a unreliable company. They have no idea what customer service is. What they did.
And how it was handed I would rate.The worst.
Original review posted by user Apr 25
They are not reliable.Reserve a car.
Maybe it will be there when you arrive. My car wasn't. And they had a matter of fact attitude.
My second and last time using them.A friend uses Hertz and praises their commitment to excellent customer service.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Car we reserved
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "Rented a car here and the Branch Manager Jamie Wilson was a ***. Made reservation and when I got there they didn't have my vehicle size. Told me a had..."
- "Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island...."
- "We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."
- "Bad idea, plain and simple, they seem to sell you a dream, for $2000.00 I got the 1 year warranty! After initial treatment it took 6 weeks for a..."
- "My boyfriend was making our daily salads to take to work. He had found a delicious looking recipe that called for baby spinach. He went to our local Giant grocery..."
- "Opened two cans of NE clam chowder and both cans were bad. ..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "Zara Egypt On the 27th of November 2016 i bought a T-shirt from zara for 299 egp, went back on the 30th of November 2016 to exchange the size found..."
- "I have a 96 f150 I bought 3rd hand. This year and model has a recall issued due to the part pictured catching fire. Since I am the 3rd owner..."